This Beautiful Girl is ready for her Guardian Family.
If you are interested in becoming a Mill Creek Guardian Family, please contact us.
As a small home breeder of Australian Labradoodles, we do not believe in kenneling our dogs. The majority of our breeding dogs live in great family homes called Guardians. Let us know if you are interested in having one of our top quality puppies live in your home…. Yes, it’s forever!
How It Works
We place a breeding quality puppy with a guardian family. The dog lives in your home forever. As part of our Guardian program, you take on a few responsibilities. During the duration of the contract, Doodles of Mill Creek retains ownership and breeding rights of the dog while the dog is in your possession.
What Expenses Are Involved in becoming A Guardian?
We pay for all breeding-related expenses which includes health testing. The guardian family is responsible for all the routine costs of raising a dog (routine vet visits, emergency vet visits, vaccinations, heart worm preventative, flea/tick preventative, and grooming). When the guardian dog’s breeding career is over, the dog will be spayed/neutered, and the full deposit is refunded to the guardian family and ownership is transferred to the family.
Why Would I want to be a Guardian Family?
Benefits: The Guardian Program has many benefits for the guardian family, the breeder and the dog:
- The cost for a guardian dog/puppy is a refundable deposit of $1,350.
- The puppy selected by the breeder is the ‘pick of litter’ puppy.
- The dog doesn’t need to be re-homed as an adult after retiring.
- There is no need for the breeder to kennel the dogs.
- The dogs are well socialized and in good environments
- Guardian families can schedule trips during whelping without having to paying for boarding.
Do We Qualify As A Guardian Family?
- Have a flexible schedule to get dog to testing & breeding appts
- Have a fully fenced yard
- Take their dog to puppy obedience classes
- Ensure the puppy is well socialized
- Provide veterinary care when needed
- Feed a diet approved by the breeder
- Notify breeder when a female begins each of her heat cycles
- Must not allow a female around intact males during her cycle
- Must not allow a male to breed other females!
- Live within reasonable driving distance
- Be interviewed by the breeder
Is The Guardian program different for Males and Females?
Females: Females in guardian homes will have up to 3 litters for Mill Creek (5 puppies constitutes a litter). The family must notify us at the first sign of each of her heats. When the breeder determines it is time, she comes back to Mill Creek for breeding and about 6-7 weeks for whelping. Once her breeding career is over, she must be spayed and will continue to enjoy the wonderful life she has always enjoyed and the guardian family will receive their deposit back.
Males: Males are usually retained for about 6-7 years, but do not need to leave their families for long periods. Once their breeding career is over, he will be neutered and will enjoy the wonderful life he has always enjoyed and the family will receive their deposit back.
If you qualify and are interested in learning more about becoming a Mill Creek Guardian Family, please contact us.